WEST Center Mission
Through cross-cutting interdisciplinary research, WEST Center will enable the development and demonstration of technologies that advance water and energy sustainability through private/public partnerships, while providing unparalleled educational and outreach opportunities for local, regional, and global communities.
"The WEST Center will target the water-energy nexus by ensuring a supply of safe drinking water to meet community needs for the foreseeable future, while meeting sustainable energy requirements."
— Ian Pepper, Co-Founder
“The WEST Center aspires to not only become a global leader in new water and energy technologies, but also to focus on creating additional jobs and economic development in the region, while simultaneously providing advanced educational and training opportunities.“
— Shane Snyder, Co-Founder
WEST Center Goals
The WEST Center is uniquely positioned to:
- Develop, evaluate and demonstrate technologies that advance water and energy sustainable solutions.
- Provide a holistic view and life cycle analysis of the critical water/energy nexus through novel and applied research.
- Facilitate technology transfer between UA, public utilities, and the private sector.
- Promote jobs and economic stimulus within the community.
- Educate and train technicians and utility personnel.
- Provide training, funding, and job/internship opportunities for graduate and undergraduate UA students.
- Educate the community with respect to the water/energy nexus.
- Directly assist the region and the world in demonstrating the safety and reliability of recycled water.