The WEST Center is a world renowned venue focused on water and wastewater treatment and monitoring, alternative energy and related technologies. WEST is co-located with the Pima County, brand new 21st Century Water Reclamation Facility, “Agua Nueva.” WEST is also adjacent to reclaimed water recharge basins and constructed wetlands, all of which is part of a Water Reclamation Campus. WEST is unique in its ability to conduct the translational research necessary to advance the sustainable technologies of the future.
- Develop, evaluate and demonstrate technologies that advance water and energy sustainable solutions
- Provide a holistic view/life cycle analysis of the critical water/energy nexus through state-of-the-art research
- Facilitate technology transfer between UA, public utilities, and the private sector
- Promote jobs and economic stimulus within the community
- Educate and train technicians, utility personnel, and UA students
- Educate the community with respect to the water:energy nexus
- Directly assist the region and the world in demonstrating the safety and reliability of recycled water