WEST Center is a resource for industry and the community.
Ways to be involved at WEST
Public utilities and private companies can fund research of interest to them through two mechanisms.
- Membership in the National Science Foundation Water and Environmental Technology Center (WET). Research incurs 0% indirect cost.
- Directed research on specific issues relevant to the company or utility via a grant (sponsored research). Research incurs an off campus indirect cost rate of 26%.
TRAINING AND EDUCATION
- Organizations interested in utilizing WEST for technical trainings and certifications can work with University of Arizona faculty to develop short courses for professional development.
- Organizations can sponsor internships for student research. Developed connections often lead to subsequent recruitment opportunities.
- University of Arizona graduate and undergraduate students have opportunities to conduct research of interest to organizations.
- Tours of WEST are available to school groups, community nonprofits, and other interested parties.
- The Citizen Water Academy provides additional opportunities to learn about the work at WEST Center in conjunction with local utilities (Tucson Water and Pima County Wastewater)