WEST Center's location, facility, and features are a resource for industry and the community.
WEST Center Offers:
- Direct linkage into a 21st century wastewater treatment plant (Agua Nueva) with access to plumbed-in reclaimed water
- The capability to house intermediate field-scale water treatment trains within a high bay area
- A state-certified laboratory for analysis of human microbial pathogens
- World-class expertise in chemical and microbial emerging contaminant analyses
- Deep knowledge of new energy resources including solar technologies and algal biofuel production
- The University of Arizona Real-Time Sensor Laboratory
- The University of Arizona, National Science Foundation, Water and Environmental Technology Center
Benefits to Potential Partners/Members:
- Access to more than 400 world class scientists and engineers working at the University of Arizona, ready to share their expertise in water and energy.
- Access to critical infrastructure and state-of-the art research laboratories and hi-bay area with intermediate field-scale treatment trains.
- Knowledge of advancements in technologies that maintain or enhance water quality with a reduced energy and carbon footprint.
- Enhanced funding via federal grant acquisitions.
- Opportunities for technical training and certification of scientists, technicians, and utility operators
- Executive education can include modular short courses for technical support staff and utility personnel and continuing education credit
- Example classes include: advanced water treatment technologies and analysis; real-time sensor technologies; and molecular/microbial detection of emerging microbial pathogens
- Enhanced marketing opportunities and credibility
- National exposure
- International networking
- Ability to demonstrate and showcase new water and energy technologies
- Recruitment opportunities
- Access to undergraduate and graduate students from the University of Arizona